Thursday, May 22, 2008

Headline News: Our very own Bee Movie

Well I have officially had my fifteen minutes of fame. Let me start at the beginning.


This was just supposed to be a blog about bees. We have had a issue with bees for a while now. They found a crack between the window trim and the siding and were able to build a hive inside the wall of my house. After many failed attempts to spray them with bee and wasp spray, I found these guys who come out and remove the bees and the hive. This seemed to be a great way to go, the bees are gone for good and there is no rotting honey inside the wall of my house.


Well when the guy called to tell me they would be here on Tuesday he also mentioned that a news crew would be out as well. Here is the link to the news clip. Ella and Maddy can be seen in the window. And of course there is me and my wonderful soundbites. Feel free to laugh.






Here are some pics of the bees and the news crew. We were total dorks and stood outside while the did the 10 o'clock news live in the front yard. That was totally unexpected, they finished up the interviews at around 6 and then left we thought for good, but they showed back up later to film live. I have to admit it was pretty exciting. (Don't forget I live in a small town, we don't see this kind of action very often.)
Above: The bee wranglers are hard at work.
Below: The bees in their new temporary home.
Michael was interviewed, as well, but didn't make the cut. Either I am just fabulous, or they took the dorkier of the two interviews.
Here is the reporter putting on her make-up and practicing her lines, before they went live.

2 comments:

Rev. Lindsay said...

This is what I get for not watching the news. I miss everything. Goodbye bees! (That is only KINDA scary!)

Anonymous said...

How cool is that?! You got some serious airtime, Jessie.